Sunday, November 9, 2014

Election Palmiers


This is the first selection from the new book Baked Occasions  After looking through the book, I can say that I am looking forward to some of the recipes- others, I'm not so sure about.

These cookies are familiar to me as "elephant ears" and usually are made quickly and simply with store-bought puff pastry. This was from scratch and the dough comes out melting in your mouth. They really are delicious, but I don't know if I would go through the somewhat drawn out process for such a simple cookies. That being said, the box they are in, is quickly emptying! The addition of the cayenne pepper ( I used ancho chili powder - that's what I had in the house) is a nice, subtle addition that adds an extra zing to the cookies.




You can find the recipe here at Baked Sunday Mornings. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Your cookies look so good! Looks like the same process as making croissants.... that is a lot of work. But the end results look like it is totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your palmiers look lovely, Yael. I agree with you, though - too much work for one little cookie that goes stale quickly. They were delicious, but I probably wouldn't make them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job, Yael! I love your coils, and the palmiers look nice and caramelized. I too felt that the dough was a lot of work, but I thought it was worth it. I bet the ancho chile was nice with cinnamon, something like the spices in Mexican chocolate. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Palmiers look really yummy, Yael! They were very time intensive little buggers but they were really tasty! I didn't have cayenne pepper I didn't even think about using ancho chile pepper....I bet that was good! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look perfect. Even though store-bought puff pastry would have been quicker, these give us such a great sense of accomplishment! And, they do melt in your mouth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!