Sunday, August 30, 2015

Nonnie’s Blueberry ( or raspberry!) Buckle


No blueberries here- not now, almost not ever, and if there are- well let's just say they cost a gold mine! So we go with a lot of frozen fruit here. I know, I know, it's not the same, but it's the best substitute available and it does the trick. You work with whatchya got! And this is how Nonnie's Blueberry Buckle became Nonnie's (Yael's)Raspberry Buckle!


Whatever you call it and whether it's raspberry or blueberry.... it's yummy.


Great for breakfast or afternoon tea (or anytime for that matter!!)
Easy to make and that crumb topping is always my favorite.
Give it a try- you won't be disappointed.
Check out the recipe here, at Baked Sunday Mornings.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, yours looks delicious! The raspberry sounds like a great substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would be great with a mixture of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using raspberries instead, and your chalkboard cross-out photos are very cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I think raspberry buckle sounds terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish! I much prefer raspberries to blueberries, so I'm sure I'd love your adaptation. The cake looks so fluffy and I agree that the chalkboard is darling! Also, Chag Sameach! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!